Sovren Resume Parser
First developed in 1996, the Sovren Resume Parser is the world’s most popular candidate parser.
Why it’s so popular:
- Configurability. Parsing is configured per transaction, meaning that every single parsing transaction can be individually customized to do what you need, with the data you want to use, and passing back the results in the format you desire. One parser instance handles every language, every locale, and every type of configuration.
- Coverage. Extracts more kinds of data than any other product.
- Metadata analysis. Sovren was the originator of candidate characterization, and the Parser produces the most comprehensive set of data (machine readable and also human readable) to help you understand and classify candidates at any level of granularity.
- Flexible deployment. The Parser can be deployed as installed components or via web services or licensed as SaaS, and can therefore be used from any OS/programming environment.
- Scalability. Sovren powers the largest online and offline resume processors in the world. Our speed is typically 2-10x faster than our competitors’ products, and the Parser does not crash, leak memory, or require monitoring software of any kind.
- Simplicity. One instance can handle every language and locale, with automatic detection and self-configuration, saving you resources, time, and aggravation.
- Value. As we add languages and locales and features to the Parser, you don’t have to pay extra. The Parser started as with one language and one local, and now supports dozens of languages, dialects, and locales — and no Sovren customer has ever had to “pay extra” for these new capabilities.
- Accuracy. All vendors claim to be the most accurate. Don’t EVER believe a vendor’s claims without testing them yourself. We have every confidence that once you test, you will see what all our customers have seen: that Sovren is truly the most accurate.
- Accelerators. Lots of sample apps and web clients are available in many programming languages, with full source code.
- Universality. The Parser’s built-in Sovren Document Converter allows the Parser to process documents in every commercially used format.
The Truth about Accuracy
When it comes to the accuracy of our Parser, the best verification is that the largest online and offline resume/CV processing organizations in the world use Sovren software.
Other parsing vendors trumpet absurd and unfounded claims about accuracy. All vendor claims about accuracy are self-serving and indefensible. Measured by whom? Measured how? Measured on what documents? Measured in what language? Measured on which version?
One minor vendor claims 100% accuracy. Read the fine print and you’ll learn that their parser is 100% accurate when the candidate corrects the errors. Well, of course.
If you are interested in the Sovren parsing technology, we recommend that you take a real life sample of the type of resumes you will be parsing and test them on your own. You will see firsthand that the Sovren parsing technology is the most accurate parser.
As with accuracy, other vendors make completely absurd claims. One vendor claims that their hosted software handles “tens of thousands of resumes at one time in under a second.” Just to be clear, that would be equivalent to processing at least 2,000,000,000 (yes, two billion) resumes per day, or trillions per year. (For the record, this is the same vendor that claims 99.9% accuracy).
The truth is that only the Sovren Resume Parser has been proven to handle the largest real-world loads. The largest online resume site and the largest offline resume processor both use Sovren.
Languages and Countries
The Parser presently supports many languages, all within the same version of the product. Several languages are being added each year. Full postal address parsing is supported in many countries, as well as local cultural conventions, companies, schools, etc. Name, phone number and email parsing are supported for all locales.
French, including Canada
German, including Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Austria
Hungarian, contact info only
Spanish, also Catalan, Galician, Basque
Region support for Luxembourg, all of South America, Mexico, Poland, and Romania. Language and region support for Danish, Polish, Romanian, and Flemish.
Supported countries include Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States. Additionally the parser recognizes major international cities in other countries.